I’m a freelance academic editor and essayist in the Piedmont region of North Carolina.
Many graduate students can use the help of a professional editor to polish their dissertations or thesis papers. I offer that kind of help:
- I provide light to heavy copyediting, depending on what your paper needs. Copyediting involves checking spelling, grammar, mechanics, usage, style, and flow.
- I will format your pages, citations, and tables correctly.
- I will note places where you might consider different word choices or phrasing.
- I will use the style guide your program requires and create a style sheet for you.
If you have an academic paper you’d like me to edit, please visit my Academic Editing page to get started.
I’m passionate about the work I do:
- I edit academic papers for graduate students and academic professionals.
- I show people the rich potential of words and stories.
- I introduce people to methods for tapping into a lifelong sense of curiosity and exploration.
- I connect people with the natural world and the stories it tells us.
- I teach people how to liberate their creative selves.
On my blog, I write about things like books, nonfiction writing, trees, creative adventure, fancy pens, grammar, fairy tales, the 19th century, teatime, and hiking. If that suits you, I hope you’ll browse. I’ve included a page of resources, if you’d like to dig deeper.
I also teach an occasional workshop on topics related to nature journaling and commonplace books.