- Copyediting includes the following, as needed:
- A deep look at sentence construction, transitions, word choice, flow, and other substantial edits to your academic prose.
- Two thorough reads of your paper to check for errors in spelling, grammar, usage, mechanics, and style.
- Adherence to the required style manual and creation of a style sheet.
- Copyediting needs can range from light to heavy, depending on the document.
- Each document will have its own needs, so I will assess a sample of your paper before quoting a project fee. Fees will depend on the level of editing needed, the number of tables and figures, the total number of pages, the English speaking status of the writer, the technical density of the prose, or other features.
- Proofreading is a final edit to catch any surface error in spelling, grammar, or punctuation.
- Proofreading is not the same work as copyediting; copyediting should be done earlier in the process to provide a deeper look at sentence construction, transitions, word choice, flow, and other substantial edits to your academic prose. Once you’ve made revisions to sentences and paragraphs, a final proofreading is recommended to be sure no errors have been introduced.
I am available to transcribe interviews. Rates will be calculated by audio minute and will vary, depending on English speaking status and number of speakers. Contact me for this type of work.
** Do you know someone who could use my help? Satisfied clients who pass along a new client to me will receive a $10 Starbucks gift card upon paid invoice. **
Still have questions? Visit my FAQ page.
Ready to get started? Please fill out this intake form, and I’ll be in touch with you soon.